Saturday, February 6, 2010

Giraffes Can't Dance.

During story time yesterday I brought out the book ‘Giraffes Can’t Dance’. Now if you know children, they love to tell you every little detail of their lives. They not only love to be heard, but acknowledged. That said, one of the students began saying repeatedly, “I had this book in Louisiana!” Although I heard what he said, I continued on with the introduction of the story without acknowledging his remark. As I read on, he was now waving his hand frantically trying to get my attention. Before I could finish the page to finally call on him, he shouts, “I’m doing rule number two!” Even if he is raising his hand WHILE speaking, at least he’s trying. :)

Our classroom rules are as follows:
Rule number one- I know my job.
Rule number two- I raise my hand before I speak.
Rule number three- I listen to the speaker.
Rule number four- I work without bothering others.
Rule number five- I clean up properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment